MIND THE MAKER • Sue Sherpa Fleece Fabric • Indigo Night • NEW
This lovely soft sherpa fleece by Mind the MAKER is a classic plush 'teddy' fleece made with 100% polyester. It makes a functional and durable base for jackets, sweaters, waistcoats to keep you warm and cosy throughout the cold seasons.
Mind The MAKER are based in Denmark and design with the maker in mind. All their fabrics are Oeko Tex Certified and some are organic.
100% Polyester • 170cm wide • 300gms
Price is per HALF metre. So, if you require 1.5 metres for example, you’ll need to enter 3 in the quantity box.
We recommend that you pre-wash your fabric on a 30 degree wash cycle before you start your project to allow for any slight movement with the first wash. Do not use fabric softener or tumble dry. Do not iron
Click here for our fabric swatch service.
Tips when working with this fabric:
- Avoid ironing,
- Cut pattern pieces with the nap in the same direction. If you aren’t familiar, the nap refers to how the fibres stand up on the fabric's surface.
- Use sharp scissors when cutting out.
- Using a walking foot when sewing, this will ensure that the fabric is pulled through the dog feeds evenly.
- As sherpa is a knit fabric, use a jersey or ballpoint needle and stretch stitches when sewing your garment.
- Use sewing clips instead of pins as the pins may get hidden in the fabric.
- Sherpa fleece is known to shed a lot during the sewing process, so any unfinished seams will continue to shed once your garment is finished. Be sure to finish all raw edges!