THE AVID SEAMSTRESS • The Sun Dress
This product is unavailable
The Sun Dress, by The Avid Seamstress is perfect for wearing all year round. It‘s great for warmer months when you need a dress that‘s smart enough for the office yet stylish enough for weekend brunch. Throw a casual jacket or cardigan over the dress when the weather is cooler.
Team it with some luxury fabric and you‘ll also have your go-to formal dress for a range of occasions from wedding guest to evening events.
The Sun Dress features a fitted bodice with a square neckline, wide modern straps and a button-down front. The bodice has a front side dart and the back a waist dart. A pleated skirt with pockets offers a fun, flattering silhouette as well as comfort and practicality for your day-to-day activities.
The wide skirt hem finishes the look. The dress is fastened by a concealed zipper at the back.
Suggested fabrics ● light to medium-weight fabrics such as cotton, chambray and linen. The sample shown here is made in our Fruit Like Dots, a rayon/linen mix fabric which drapes beautifully.
Level ● Intermediate
Sizes: UK 6 to 22
- Pattern printed on high quality white pattern paper
- Beautiful step by step instruction booklet
- Guide on taking your measurements
- Fabric and Sewing basics help card
- Sewing Terms Demystified card
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project