THE AVID SEAMSTRESS • The Day Dress Sewing Pattern
With a fitted bodice, gathered skirt and inner pockets, The Day Dress is sure to be one of the prettiest dresses in your wardrobe.
With three ways to make the front bodice, your options are endless, View A has a seam at the centre front, View B has buttons/buttonholes at the centre front and finally View C is plain. All three options have an invisible zip at the back. Have fun making this pattern out of a variety of fabrics.
Lisa, the designer and owner of The Avid Seamstress, has made a lengthened version, which sit just below the knee, see below in dark navy. Made in Sevenberry's Small Spots, this minor modification somehow makes this dress look completely different, perfect for a special occasion, click here to find out how simple this pattern hack is.
Suitable fabrics include: lightweight to medium weight fabrics, and remember to allow extra fabric to match one way designs.
Not suitable for stripes, diagonals or plaids.
For more information about this pattern see our Blog post.
Sizes UK 8 to 18
- Pattern printed on high quality white pattern paper, which won't tear and irons beautifully
- Beautiful step by step instruction booklet
- Guide on taking your measurements
- Fabric and Sewing basics help card
- Sewing Terms Demystified card
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- Information on The Avid Seamstress