We're Hiring • Part Time Assistant
The Draper’s Daughter is a Chichester based online store selling a lovingly selected range of modern designer and organic fabrics, independent sewing patterns and sewing accessories.
We have an opportunity for an organised and motivated individual to assist the founder of The Draper’s Daughter, Karen Greenfield, with a variety of tasks across the operational side of the business.
This position would be ideally suited to someone with a love of sewing, and any sewing experience would be an advantage, though not essential. At this time, the main focus of the role will be to pack and fulfill orders received via our e-commerce website.
This is a part-time position based in Chichester. This position is initially for approximately 10 hours per week, which will ideally be spread over 3 days (Monday: 4hrs, Wednesday: 3hrs and Friday: 3hrs) however we’re happy to be reasonably flexible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Location – Chichester, at The Draper’s Daughter home office in Whyke.
Remuneration – hourly rate based on experience.
We’re looking for someone that is organised, flexible, with an enthusiastic can-do attitude who can carry out a variety of tasks including:
- Preparing and fulfilling orders received via our e-commerce website
- Cutting, labelling and organising fabric swatches
- Managing stock inventory
- Taking parcels to the post office
- Tidying and keeping the studio organised
- Other tasks as required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You will have a keen eye for detail, ensuring that each task you undertake is done to the highest level.
- Neat and tidy worker – all orders must be packaged to a high standard
- Great attention to detail
- Happy to work alone and use initiative
- Good numerical skills
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
- Please email us at karen(at)drapersdaughter.com and attach details of your experience/current CV as well as a short covering letter telling us a little bit about yourself, and why you’re interested in the role.
- Closing date Friday 21st April, 2018